Thursday

Day 5-The break of dawn...

Wednesday, June 25th Early Early Morning

The Adventures of Crush and Cobb
It was around five-thirty when Kevin “The Crusher” woke up his adventurous partner, Jack “The Cobb.” The waters were angry this day my friends, very angry indeed. They were off to face the giant mountain that mocked them every day in the face as they woke up.
So we got dressed and took a canoe (of course we asked the lady in the office the day before I mean come on, would we do that).We set sails and paddled for about maybe twenty minutes across the sleeping lake when it was most safe. The sunrise was beautiful, but we had seen nothing yet. Once we got to the shore of the mountain we just then realized how massive this mountain really was, (well actually I realized it about halfway up the hill when I was completely out of breath and my legs felt like rubber and my heart pounding through my chest, but we kept going.) When we had reached the summit, we sucked in the victory. At the top was a sight to hard to describe in just regular words so I’ll try my best. It had endless mountains with the peaks draped with snow and the lake with the sun reflecting onto it and the lake in full view with the fog just gliding on the water. It was a sight I’ll never forget. On our way down we saw two antelopes pouncing happily through a field outside a wood. We rowed back to the campsite boasting heartily about what we have done and seen. If there is anything I have learned today, it’s if I want to do accomplish something, I can with the right tools, friends, and the right set of mind and heart.
The End


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing adventure, guys! Great job conquering the mountain. Mrs. Crush

Anonymous said...

Great wide angle camera to capture that fabulous scene. Snicky and I couldn't see much of the lake however; Probably because of the rolling fog. Thanks for the moment.
Phil... and Snicky (Oh, he was asleep!)

Mary C. said...

Jack and Kevin: What a GREAT experience - I'm sure you both will never forget it - congrats! Love, Mary Cobb