Wednesday

2011-Day4-South Manitou Island

Here are the pics for the island.  We just pulled into the nice, hot shower area, so I am publishing these and running so I don't miss my turn!

There are a few quick responses to questions, however:

Yes, Colin and Mr C slept under a makeshift lean-to on the island rather than pack thier tent.  No, I don't think it was just because Colin didn't want to take down the tent.  No, they did not get drug away by the mighty island micro-bears (chipmunks).  They did nearly fly away due to all the mosquitos that got them!

If it weren't for the hiking, we all would have gained 10 pounds by now.  Thanks, Mr G!

I THOUGHT Mrs S had been dating/married to me for 29 years, not Mr C, so I will assume it was just a typo?

and finally, yes, everyone is still speaking to me, even after the dune hike and island adventure.  They did all look at me and grin for some reason when we found out we had to leave the island early and that we would not be able to do our planned day 2 hike.  wait a minute,,,, maybe they aren't speaking to me.... hmmmm.


No comments: